Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Honesty

Why is it so difficult to be honest sometimes? Honest with others, with ourselves, with our feelings... We're constantly being told how to act, how to react, how to suck it up when we're feeling discouraged or scared. Like somehow it's supposed to be easier to pretend than to just be honest.

Honesty, to me, is saying what you feel without fearing what others may think. It's about exposing that fragile part of yourself to others when they might not feel the same way. Honesty is about believing in yourself and your choices.

In the past, I think I've tried to convince myself and others that I was a different person, something artificial and alien. I'm coming to realize it's a lot easier to just be honest. Honesty might be excruciatingly hard to accept at first, but the feeling of being rid of guilt and fear is absolutely worth it in the end.

No comments: