Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fighting

That's life for me. I'm confused for no reason.

I have a map, but it seems like it's burning away before my eyes. As if the well-worn path is fading in front of me leaving me stranded in strange and unfamiliar territory.

I feel like there is no storm and yet I'm terrified of being swept away, searching for somewhere to seek refuge from the unforgiving winds. Like the water around me is calm and yet I'm struggling to stay afloat, almost drowning myself.

The icy hands of time and truth have taken hold of me and I'm not quite sure why. It feels like the pieces are falling into place around me and mine aren't lining up correctly.

At times I simply feel like a whiny and overly emotional teenager. It's frustrating. I want to act mature and yet I won't accept an adult life. It's like I have two of myself inside of me, fighting for control, but neither one of them are able to outmatch the other.

One of them has to win or I think I'm going to go crazy.

No comments: