Sunday, March 18, 2007

Thoughts

Before I just dive into this, I have to explain myself. I haven't had time to actually sit down and write anything in the past week or so. This is my chance.

Yesterday: My mom scrambled frantically to clean the house because my grandparents and her cousins were coming over for a visit. Why does she bother cleaning? It all comes back to appearance. Why do people care SO MUCH about appearance? I can't stand it! And one of the only reasons why this is so prominent in my mind right now is because of all the analytical work we've been doing in AP Lit, mainly to do with the theme of appearance. My mom doesn't live spotlessly, so why should she make extra efforts to make it appear that she does or our family does?

Today: My dad and I got in a discussion about our road and how it can't be paved until June, which led into a random conversation about our house. He claimed his reason for moving was so my brother and I wouldn't have to grow up on a busy street corner, like our old house was on. Okay, hang on. We moved when I was 13 and he was 11. Isn't that a little past childhood? Yeah, I'm so glad you waited until we were early teens to move, Dad. Then when I brought this up, in an incredibly joking manor, he got pissed. You know, the kind of pissed where he won't say it, but clearly it's taking a lot of effort not to bite my head off for decency sake.

What else... I know I had more to say... ehhh... I guess not. Oh, Erin and I made first doubles seat JV in tennis, which we thought was pretty good for this being our first year. Basically all I do anymore is school, tennis, spend time with Jon, and sleep. It's pretty fun.

Guess what I'm leaving to go do in about an hour? Yeah, tennis.

No comments: