Monday, June 18, 2007

Push Me Away

God fuck I can not wait to be out of this house. I hate living with parents who have no respect or concern for anyone but themselves. You'd think that most parents would be concerned about other kids who are having issues with family and whatnot. Apparently not mine. They don't really care about much of anything if it doesn't immediately concern them. Also, I guess they are fairly concerned with standards of opinion set by society which I can't handle. How can you let a body of people set an assumed general consensus and then let your life be ruled by how people might react or think depending on what choices you make. Why let others' opinions control what you believe is right or wrong, depending on the situation? I've never understood why parents push their kids so far in what seems the wrong directions. Especially recently in the world. You would think parents would have a little bit more common sense. Just because you're a parent doesn't mean you are automatically right. Don't use the excuse of "Don't question me because I'm a parent." It doesn't make you want to be respected. Present a plausible excuse or reasoning and sure, I will try to see your logical side of things, but when you know you're beat, DON'T pull the "You're not being respectful because you're disagreeing" excuse. If human beings were meant to agree with everything in their lives, our minds would function a lot differently. Don't expect the unreasonable.

I can't wait to get out of here. I'm sick of seeing my friends who are closest to me being treated like shit because of power hungry parents. I hope those parents know how much they are screwing over their relationships with their kids. I hope they realize how much they are pushing us away.

No comments: